Módulo 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics.
- Course objectives.
Módulo 2: Virtual Machine Operations
- Recognize the role of a VMware Tools™ Repository.
- Configure a VMware Tools Repository.
- Recognize the backup and restore solution for VMs.
- Identify the components in the VMware vSphere® Replication™ architecture.
- Deploy and configure vSphere Replication and VMware Site Recovery™ instances.
- Recover replicated VMs.
Módulo 3: vSphere Cluster Operations
- Create and manage resource pools in a cluster.
- Describe how scalable shares work.
- Describe the function of the vCLS.
- Recognize operations that might disrupt the healthy functioning of vCLS VMs.
Módulo 4: Network Operations
- Configure and manage vSphere distributed switches.
- Describe how VMware vSphere® Network I/O Control enhances performance.
- Explain distributed switch features such as port mirroring and NetFlow.
- Define vSphere Distributed Services Engine.
- Describe the use cases and benefits of VMware vSphere® Distributed Services Engine™.
Módulo 5: Storage Operations
- Discuss vSphere support for NVMe and iSER technologies.
- Describe the architecture and requirements of vSAN configuration.
- Describe storage policy-based management.
- Recognize components in the VMware vSphere® Virtual Volumes™ architecture.
- Configure Storage I/O Control.
Módulo 6: vCenter and ESXi Operations
- Create a vCenter backup schedule.
- Recognize the importance of vCenter High Availability.
- Explain how vCenter Server High Availability works.
- Use host profiles to manage ESXi configuration compliance.
- Recognize the benefits of using configuration profiles.
- Use the vSphere client and the command line to manage certificates.
Módulo 7: vSphere Monitoring
- Monitor the key factors that can affect a virtual machine’s performance.
- Describe the factors that influence vCenter performance.
- Use vCenter tools to monitor resource use.
- Create custom alarms in vCenter.
- Describe the benefits and capabilities of VMware Skyline™.
- Recognize uses for VMware Skyline Advisor™ Pro.
Módulo 8: vSphere Security and Access Control
- Recognize strategies for securing vSphere components, such as vCenter, ESXi hosts, and virtual machines.
- Describe vSphere support for security standards and protocols.
- Describe identity federation and recognize its use cases.
- Configure identity federation to allow vCenter to use an external identity provider.
Módulo 9: vSphere Trusted Environments and VM Encryption
- Configure ESXi Host Access and Authentication.
- Describe virtual machine security features.
- Describe the components of a VM encryption architecture
- Create, manage, and migrate encrypted VMs.
- List VM encryption events and alarms.
- Describe the benefits and use cases of vSphere Trust Authority.